You will be asked to attend an interview with JRRA personnel. The interview will be an opportunity for us to meet you, to confirm your compliance documentation and to get an idea of the type of work you are looking for and will be suitable for. Please note that an appointment for the interview must be made in advance. Download Interview Form here: Downloads.

Registration Form

Please complete the Registration Form as fully as possible. If you are unable to complete the online form then download a Word version here: Downloads.

Download Registration Pack & Checklist here: Downloads.

For reference purposes you will need to include contact details for referees to cover your last 3 years of employment. Each employment of 2 weeks or more in duration must be accounted for. Referees must have been your clinical line manager or equivalent.

You need to have a professional indemnity insurance arrangement in place which provides appropriate cover before you start work. You must inform us if this cover lapses whilst you are working.

Proof of ID and Address

One form of photographic personal identification and two documents confirming your address.

Proof of Eligibility

You will need to comply with one of the following criteria:

  • Hold a British Passport.
  • Be a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) country.
  • Prove that you have a parent or grandparent born in the UK (including Ireland before 1922), the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. If so, you may be able to apply for an Ancestry Visa.
  • Be the spouse of someone qualifying under the three categories above.
  • Hold a current Tier 5 Visa (previously known as the Working Holiday Visa). To apply you must be a Commonwealth citizen, aged 18 – 30. The visa will grant leave to enter and work in the UK for a maximum of 24 months.
  • Hold a Tier 1 Visa (previously known as the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme). Migrants who are successfully granted leave in the UK under Tier 1 can stay for three years. After three years, a migrant can renew their Tier 1 visa.

For more information please visit the UK Government Home Office site

Passport and Right to Work

Please provide legible certified copies of the front outer cover bearing the emblem, photo signature page, and the next of kin page (or last inside back page).

Please also provide a legible certified copy of your Right to Work documents, along with your Share Code which you can request here –, if applicable.

As part of our procedures, we may need to run Authorisation checks on your Passport and Right to Work documents, so please ensure you are able to provide these as requested.

Current CV

Please supply a current CV. See our CV Advice page for more information

Professional Qualification Certificate

In order to work for Jennie Reeves Radiographers Agency you must hold the appropriate professional qualification.

We require a certified copy of your Professional Qualification Certificate, usually your degree.

If applicable also provide copies of additional training certificates such as Mammography, Nuchal Translucency, or IV Cannulation.

UK NARIC (The National Academic Recognition Information Centre) is the national agency responsible for providing information and advice about how qualifications and skills from overseas compare to the UK’s national qualifications.

As an initial guide radiography degree qualifications gained in the following countries have been assessed as comparable to those in the UK: Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.

You should make an application to UK NARIC to assess the equivalence of any other foreign held qualification.

Proof of Professional State Registration

British State Registration will usually be with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Please supply a copy of your HCPC Certificate, if applicable.

If you are an overseas applicant it is important that you apply for your British State Registration as soon as possible. State Registration can take up to six months to come through, so early application with the HCPC is strongly advised.

Health and Care Professions Council, Park House, 184-186 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU
Registration Department – + 44 (0)300 500 4472* You can contact them by telephone 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Email: **

For enquiries on European mutual recognition and international applications or enquiries on any aspect of the international application process, please contact: Email: **

For all other queries please contact the main switchboard: Tel. 44 (0)300 500 6184 * You can contact the main switchboard by telephone 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

* Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone.
** For security reasons, HCPC are unable to accept notification of changes to registrants’ contact details by email. You can change your contact details using their online system. Please note, you cannot use the online system to change your name. Alternatively, please contact them on 44 (0)300 500 4472.

Nuclear Medicine Technicians cannot register with the HCPC. However this link may be useful: British Nuclear Medicine Society
We advise that all Sonographers obtain HCPC registration as many departments request the registration as mandatory.

If you are also qualified as a Radiographer or another recognised profession you can apply to become State Registered under that profession.

For more information please contact the Society of Radiographers or the British Medical Ultrasound Society

Disclosure and Barring Service

Candidates need a valid Disclosure and Barring Service check. You are encouraged to join the Update Service for an annual subscription fee of £13* (payable direct to DBS), otherwise it will cost you £49.60* each year to process a new certificate online through our nominated DBS umbrella body uCheck.

If you have joined the Update Service, please provide a copy of your certificate and complete our Background Checks Declaration Form. We will also require your subscription renewal date which you can provide on the online Registration Form.

If you have yet to join the Update Service please let us know or if you have previously informed us, please complete the online application. A link will be sent to you, along with the JRRA Declaration Form. Please provide us with your supporting ID documents (list of valid documents is available in the Downloads Area). With your permission your current DBS status will be checked online. Update Service – Guide for applicants: Click Here.

Standard Police Check

If you have lived outside of the UK for a period of 6 months or more (whether continuously or in total) within the last 5 years, we shall need a police check for every country you visited/resided in. If you have a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Visa and have lived outside of the UK for a period of 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) within the last 10 years, while aged 18 or over, we need a Police check for every country you visited/resided in. The Certificate must be less than three months old at the point of entering the UK.

Further guidance about how individuals can apply for an overseas police check, including the cost of a check and anticipated processing times can be found on the Home Office website.

Fit to Work Certificate

Medical locum agencies supplying staff to the NHS are required to provide a ‘Fit to Work Certificate’ (FTW) as outlined by the Department of Health for all candidates.
In order to obtain this certificate, please complete the Occupational Health Medical Questionnaire.

Jennie Reeves Radiographers Agency works with Healthier Business. Their in-house team of Occupational Nurses are qualified to produce the required FTW certificate.
Once your proof of immunity and Health Questionnaire has been approved by Healthier Business, your FTW certificate will be issued. The cost of the certificate is £15* (payable to JRRA). The certificate will be sent to you upon receipt of payment and thereafter your annual updates will be FREE.

For more information on the Fit to Work certificate and the immunisation requirements please view the Healthier Business Health Information document.
If you are pregnant please let us know so we can issue you with the relevant documentation to complete.

Download Fit to Work Documents & Forms here: Downloads.


You will need to provide the following documentation regarding immunisations:

  • Varicella – Immunisation report/Antibody results/Self Declaration on the Health Declaration Questionnaire.
  • Measles, Rubella – evidence of two MMR vaccinations or a lab report stating immunity/ showing antibody level
  • Tuberculosis – Proof of BCG immunisation or positive Mantoux test (grade 2).
  • Hepatitis B – Antibodies report.

Results should be on letter headed paper or should be stamped, signed and dated by the person/GP/laboratory issuing the reports. Screen shots supplied by GP Surgeries are not acceptable. A declaration by your GP, stating that you are ‘Fit To Work’ will not be adequate, as the assessment must be conducted by a qualified Occupational Health Nurse.

Most doctor surgeries and clinics can perform the necessary immunisations and blood tests. However, if they aren’t able to perform the necessary vaccinations, we can recommend companies who will be able to assist you.

HIV and Hepatitis C

In line with Department of Health guidelines, JRRA is obliged to offer the opportunity for candidates to have HIV and Hepatitis C screened by our occupational health nurse and included on their Fit to Work Certificate. This includes candidates who do not perform exposure prone procedures. It is NOT mandatory to undergo screening for HIV and Hepatitis C but candidates will need to submit these serology reports if they require this service.

Mandatory Training Certificates

Practical Training:
We can arrange practical training on your behalf through Osmosis, based near Waterloo Station, London. Manual Handling, Basic Life Support and Fire training. Alternatively you may book independently. Once payment has been made and attendance confirmed your certificate will be sent to you.

We can also arrange practical training on your behalf through The Health and Safety Group. They offer a Mandatory + Statutory Training (‘Skills for Health’ CSTF) Practical Day at various cities across the UK. These courses run from 9am to 5pm and cover practical components including Manual Handling, Basic Life Support and Intermediate Life Support. You can also attend optional paediatric and new born basic and intermediate life support sessions included for free in this training. Please let the compliance team know if you would like to include this in your training. Once we have received payment and confirmation of your attendance, your certificate will be sent to you.

Please note the ‘All in One Day’ Training course run by the Health and Safety Group is not currently aligned to the Skills For Health UK Core Skills Training Framework so we can no longer accept those certificates. For more information regarding your training options, please contact

Online Training:
Healthier Business offer online courses for all your mandatory online training. We will send you a link to log in and you can complete these in your own time. Upon completion and once payment has been received your certificate will be sent to you.

They also provide additional optional modules which we can also set you up with if you would like. Please let the compliance team know if you would like any of the following added to your training profile:

  • Resuscitation (online only and doesn’t count towards your practical training)
  • Duty of Care in Health and Social Care
  • Handling Medication & Avoiding Drug Errors – Level 2
  • Manual handling (online only and doesn’t count towards your practical training)
  • Blood Component Transfusion
  • Communication
  • Fluids and Nutrition Awareness
  • Privacy and Dignity in Health and Social Care
  • Promoting Person Centered Care in Health and Social Care
  • Your Health Career
Passport Sized Photograph

Either provide us with a hard copy or an electronic copy.
We will require a photograph in order to issue you with an ID badge.

Completed Candidate Handbook

The Jennie Reeves Radiographers Agency Candidate Handbook provides guidance on all aspects of working with the Agency. Please print, sign and return page 1.

You can also Download the Candidate Handbook here: Downloads.

Completed Radiation Policy Document

The Radiation Policy applies to work with ionising radiation. The policy is not applicable for sonographers. Please print, sign and return page 1.

You can also Download the Radiation Policy here: Downloads.

Completed Terms & Conditions

PAYE Terms & Conditions to be signed at registration.
Relevant Company Terms and Conditions to be completed if you chose to be paid through a company (Personal Limited Company or an Umbrella Company).

You can also documents here: Downloads.

Completed JRRA Declaration Form

Please complete and return. The JRRA Declaration Form can be downloaded here.

Completed Payment Details Form

Please complete and return. The Payment Details Form can be downloaded here: Downloads. If you decide to work as PAYE you will need to complete a HMRC PAYE starter checklist which will be sent to you.
If you wish to be paid through a company (Personal Limited Company or an Umbrella Company) we will require:

  • Company Terms & Conditions (Return whichever one is applicable to your company).
  • Insurance Questionnaire signed and returned.
  • Company UK bank account details.
  • Company UK registered address.
  • Copy of Certificate of Incorporation.
  • Copy of VAT certificate (if VAT is to be applied to company invoices).
  • Accountant contact details.
Completed Interview Form

This form will be issued at your interview to complete.
A copy can be downloaded here: Downloads.

Completed Induction Checklist

This form will be issued at your interview to complete.
A copy can be downloaded here: Downloads.

Additional Information


* All compliance charges are payments charged by third parties not by JRRA.


As an employment agency we are not required to provide any insurance cover for candidates. Therefore we recommend that all candidates hold their own professional indemnity insurance. Recent Government legislation require all radiographers to hold professional indemnity as part of their HCPC registration.

If you have insurance through a non UK trade body please check that you are covered for work in the UK and for cases heard in UK courts.

How to certify a document

To certify documents, ask a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’) like a:

  • qualified radiographer
  • doctor
  • bank or building society official
  • police officer
  • solicitor
  • teacher or lecturer

The person you ask shouldn’t be:

  • related to you
  • living at the same address
  • in a relationship with you

Take the photocopied document and the original and ask the person to certify the copy by:

  • writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document
  • signing and dating it
  • printing their name under the signature
  • adding their occupation, address and telephone number

Radiation Monitoring

Jennie Reeves Radiographers Agency is the ONLY recruitment agency in the UK to provide Instadose radiation monitoring for all candidates.

The Instadose dosimeter is a small dosimeter based on direct ion storage technology. It is the only accredited device that enables candidates to view their radiation dose anywhere, anytime using any internet enabled computer.

This breakthrough technology provides candidates with a precise measurement of their radiation dose and includes accurate long-term exposure tracking. A built-in memory chip stores each candidate’s identity via an embedded unique serial code.

JRRA are proud to be leading the way with this new technology.

Each device requires a deposit of £65. This is refunded once the device is returned. Replacement cost for any lost or damaged device is also £65.

Application Process



Complete our online Registration Form & upload all your compliance documentation.



One of our experienced recruiters will call or email you to discuss potential work opportunities.



We will assess your details and put you forward for suitable roles.



You start work! Remember the quicker you can get all your compliance documents in place the quicker we can find you the perfect role!

This site uses cookies. Continue browsing or click accept if you agree to the use of cookies. View our privacy policy.